Mozilla is launching the platform Mozilla Connect in collaboration with Khoros to offer an improved version of Ideas Mozilla, launched in 2021. Mozilla Connect is a space for users to give product feedback, share ideas for new features, and participate in meaningful conversations that help shape future releases. You can leave feedback and share ideas for Firefox desktop, mobile, Mozilla VPN, Pocket, Thunderbird, and more.
Improved user experience
In order to adapt to the needs of our community, Ideas Mozilla is transitioning to Mozilla Connect to offer a better service. This transition allows the community to interact with the platform more efficiently.
- Users will now be able to log in to Mozilla Connect using their Firefox account.
- The new platform is more user-friendly. Users will now easily find the sections where they can contribute ideas, provide feedback and engage in discussions.
- There will be an improved labeling and search system, so other community members and product managers can easily find and engage with contributed posts.
- In partnership with Khoros, Mozilla Connect will allow users to rank their ideas and earn badges for their contributions.
- The members of the community will be able to participate and host interesting events.
A better way to give and receive feedback
Mozilla employees will participate by responding directly to ideas, leading discussions, and sharing product demos. Contributors can expect to receive feedback on their ideas from other community members almost immediately. Ideas can be commented and voted on by the community. All top ideas will be shared with the staff for review. The evaluation process can take up to two weeks, and if an idea needs to be evaluated further, we’ll make sure to keep the community informed.
Ideas Acceptance Criteria
We are in the process of creating a rubric that details the aspects that we will consider for adopting ideas. This rubric will also be shared with the community. Some of the things we’ll consider are:
- Does the idea align with the Mozilla vision?
- Does the idea provide user value? Will the idea be impactful?
How is Mozilla Connect different from Mozilla Support?
Mozilla Support is a platform where users can find help articles and an active community of contributors ready to answer questions about Mozilla products in the support forums. On the other hand, Mozilla Connect brings the community and the employees closer together to collaborate in developing new features or improving existing ones by sharing ideas or providing feedback about our products.
What will happen to the current community and content of Ideas@Mozilla?
Feedback, ideas and content from Ideas@Mozilla won’t be moved to Mozilla Connect.
As we redirect incoming activity to the new site, Ideas@Mozilla will remain active for a few more weeks while our staff reviews the ideas and feedback extensively. The content will then be archived, and personal data will be safely removed.